Position: Engineer/Senior Engineer
Experience: 3-12 yrs
Job Location: Bangalore, Noida, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad
1. Focus on system software development for routing/switching products
2. Master software architecture, maintain/enhance quality of existing code base and implement new features in areas like nonstop forwarding, stateful switchover, supervisor card, line card and chassis management, in service software upgrade, pluggable optics etc.
3. Develop firmware and drivers for various chassis based and fixed configuration routers.
4. Participate in design and code reviews in a team spread across geographical boundaries
5. Debug, root cause and resolve complex system issues
6. Work very closely with hardware team for reviewing specifications, bringing up new hardware, debugging hardware/software interaction issues and implementing any workarounds that might be required
7. Will apply knowledge of L2/L3 protocols to understand newer protocols/features.
8. Design and develop new software product features.
9. Contribute innovative ideas for multiple module architecture. Define product internal/external interfaces.
10. Develop complex, multiple modules of code independently.
11. Write complete functional and design specs independently.
12. Lead development of subsystems and Solves complex problems at the system level.
Specific Skill Required:-
Typically requires Masters Degree, or Bachelors with 3+ years of experience in real-time embedded s/w development
- Proficiency in C programming
- Experience with real-time O/S Cisco IOS
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux development tools
- Linux Virtualization knowledge is desirable.
- Network processor programming experience (e.g. Intel IXP, AMCC, Broadcom XGS or Dune etc)
- POSIX thread programming
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- L2 and Routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, RIP, ISIS, etc)
- Multicast protocols (e.g. IGMP, MLD, PIM SM/DM/SSM, etc)
- Segment Routing, SDN.
- Manageability (Telemtry, gRPC, Netconf/Yang etc)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Semiconductors / Electronics
Functional Area:Engineering Design, R&D
Role Category:Engineering Design
Role:Technical Lead/Project Lead
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Contact Company:Magna HR Consultants India Pvt Limited