In order to strengthen the product company Pune Sourcing Team, we are looking for a personwho is willing to accept the challenging role of supplier development.
This position is a regional position located in Belgaum and the candidate will have to travel extensively to various Foundry locations. Candidate will take joint responsibility of Sourcing, Quality and Vendor development while he handles this commodity.
This position will report to Manager Sourcing within the Product Company Pune
Some of the important responsibilities of this position are as under:
- Manage global and regional commodity (Casting and machining)
- Will take complete charge (deliver, quality, part & vendor development) of the casting commodity, will be based in Belgaum but will have to travel to various Foundry locations like Kolhapur, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad etc.
- Coordinate with teams in Product Company to work closely to achieve all the KPIs
- Work closely with Supply chain team to ensure seamless supply of castings for Production.
- Coordinate with Transporters, Foundries and Machining vendors to club deliveries with an intention to reduce logistics cost.
- Work with Pune Sourcing team to expedite Design changes and new NPDs
- Will coordinate with AC Belgium/China for their casting requirements.
- Responsible for developing and executing detailed commodity strategy, early stage supplier engagement in design with strategic/key suppliers
- Drive engagement with strategic/key suppliers in technology development programs and early NPD engagement
- Identify and engage with internal stakeholders - Technical teams, SQAs, Planners to capture commodity requirements and ensure supplier qualification and performance improvement towards Quality, Cost, Delivery and Innovation
- Assess Opportunity for commodity including spend analysis, commodity maturity, cost drivers, and supply market analysis
- Develop Sourcing Strategy for commodity detailing projects, sourcing levers, timing, resources, and expected benefits
- Accountable for execution of assigned sourcing projects
- Conduct periodic Foundry audits
- Responsible for defining negotiations strategy including supplier profiles, commercial negotiations targets and building Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for decision making process
- Conduct or support negotiations and supplier selection
- Responsible for delivering commodity productivity through VA/VE and driving Supplier development programs
- Support supplier segmentation, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and quarterly supplier reviews for Key and Strategic suppliers within commodity
- Responsible for commodity continuity of supply - engage with plants to efficiently resolve escalated issues and formally manage and secure supplier capacity
- Ensure that the suppliers adhere to Atlas Copco Business Code of Practice without any exception.
- Actively monitor and mitigate supplier risk including financial, capacity, quality, and compliance
- Responsible for forecasting, reporting, mitigating, and recovery of commodity inflation
- Influence suppliers for effectiveness in Atlas Copco quality management systems and supplier related policies
Title of the position can be upgraded based on the experience and competence of the candidate
- 4 to 6 years casting development experience
- Worked in Foundry or handled casting commodity for min. 10 years
- Thorough knowledge of Casting and Machining commodity is a MUST.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of Sourcing & Supply Chain processes / systems.
- Very good knowledge of Foundry processes, Pattern development, Simulation, Testing and approvals is a must
- Very good understanding of the commodity market trends e.g. metal prices, supplier base, manufacturing techniques, etc.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Metallurgy Engineering
- Additional knowledge in operations / supply chain shall be an added advantage.
- You are a positive thinker and willing to accept challenges
- You are a keen and effective communicator
- Team player and with capability to take good initiative
- Should have flexible approach
- Good negotiation skill
- Excellent analytical ability
- Willing to travel and be committed to meeting time schedules
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Mechanical, Metallurgy
PG:M.Tech - Any Specialization, Mechanical, Metallurgy
Magna HR Consultants India Pvt Limited
Contact Company:Magna HR Consultants India Pvt Limited