Develop strategic applications in the Energy (Petrochemical, fertilizer, refinery), Industrial and Aerospace market that will support the Sealing Solutions Business Unit in achieving mid and long-term goals. Minimum 1-2year in application 2years’ in technical sales or value selling experience in polymers products, metal seals, surface coating, andFunctional knowledge of market segments like steel, Petrochemical, fertilizer, refinery, Pumps, valves, actuators, aerospace components.Experience of fluoropolymers, thermoset plastics and ultra-polymer thermoplastics, Mechanical seals, metal seals, Special elastomer O-rings FKM and FFKM in industries such as Aerospace, Petrochemical, Power, steel, fertilizer, refinery, Nuclear, Defense, renewable etc. will be added advantage.
- 1. Market Intelligence and Product Benchmarking
- a. Understand the market, competition, trends and apply this knowledge to customer solutions by developing a comprehensive application market share gain strategy
- b. Actively should get involved in benchmarking our product with competition products and support the Application Engineering function to develop new product based on future market trends
- c. Provide feedback on customer and market needs and trends to help improve our value proposition
- 2. New Product and New Market Development
- a. Identify cross selling opportunities with existing customers.
- b. Handle sales and marketing role to implement a commercialization strategy for new products in energy, Aerospace and Industrial market segment. Interfaced with cross-functional groups (Finance,Supply Chain, Engineering, and Operations.) to coordinate resources
- c. Develop new niche applications in the defined market. Access and convert nurture attractive niche in to large business
- d. Influence, educate and develop commercialization plans to drive sales with prioritized accounts
- e. Develop and build industry relationships with external partners (OEM’s, tier 1’s & 2’s, Convertors, Trade associations, Channel partners)
- f. Identifies and defines market/product/account opportunities to meet sales and growth objectives.
- 3. Technical Support
- a. Responsible for driving specifications at key OEM’s or End users
- b. Assess technical complaints from customers and solve problems.
- c. Provide inputs from customer evaluations and discussions to quality teams to solve quality-related issues.
- d. Provides direction and guidance to the SE team in resolving technical queries on key projects
- 4. Cross Functional Interface
- a. Act as primary liaison with key internal and external decision makers
- b. Proactively interface and communicate with internal team (eg Engineering, manufacturing, CSD) to build and maintain strong relationships to achieve the customer deliverables.
- c. Involve R&D team wherever major developments are required
- 5. Key account management
- a. Responsible for Sales growth YOY thru share gain, price increase, new product, cross selling, Value selling.
- b.Constantly network with all departments (engineering, purchase, sales and marketing, production, quality) capture their voice of customer and develop new business opportunities.
- c. Develop strong relationship with key accounts and win their loyalty. Constantly look for value engineering and value selling opportunities. Able to get market intelligence from customer like competition share, business threat, new capex for expansion, new product development, co-development opportunities etc.
- 6. Establish and maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities utilizing Salesforce.
- 7. Drive growth of profitable sales within the industrial market through a combination of new business acquisition and growth at existing accounts.
- New Business Development
- New product launch
- Value Selling
- Key account management
- Channel Sales
OTHER SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
COORDINATION WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS
Internal –FinanceApplication Engineering local and global, Customer service, Manufacturing& R&D, global Market development,
External- Existing and Prospective Customers
- Customer Focus
- Result Focus
- Team Work
- Communication Skill
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery
Functional Area:Sales, Retail, Business Development
Role Category:Institutional Sales
Role:Sales/Business Development Manager
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Instrumentation, Mechanical
PG:MBA/PGDM - Marketing
Magna HR Consultants India Pvt Limited
Contact Company:Magna HR Consultants India Pvt Limited